database backup from server does not contain new data

Discussion in 'Databases' started by jorge1, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Hi,

on my local computer I prepared a database withsome data. I backed up this database, uploaded it to the database server @ Winhost and restored it. I can connect to it and added new data with my application @ Winhost server. All works fine -I see (on my site) that there are new data stored in the database :).

Now, I wished to retrieve the database with the new data. So, in the mangement tool of Winhost panel, I made a backup of the (only one) database and transferred it via ftp to my (local) computer. Here I restored this database and looked for the data - and see, there are only the original data from the beginning and not the new data wich I added on the web-site.

??????

Thank you for any hint

2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

The only hint I can think of is if you opened your old database on your local computer. Make sure you restore the SQL database that you downloaded via FTP and make sure you're querying the right database.

Also, make sure that the site application was connecting to the correct SQL database that you think it's using. You can do this by double checking the connection strings the site application uses.