Crossdomain.xml

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Joe Hamilton, Aug 31, 2009.

1. I set up a Silverlight WCF web service on my site.

It works when accessed from your servers, but when I am programming in visual studio, if I have a silverlight service reference pointed to your servers, it doesn't work. I have to point the service reference to my local box.

I've put the required crossdomain.xml and clientaccesspolicy.xml file at the root of my web site on your servers, but that doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

2. Ray

Ray

How are you pulling up your Silverlight application on your Visual Studio? It sounds like the application you are pulling up is the site that is still in your computer.

3. Yes,

I have a local copy of the silverlight application on my machine that I publish up as needed.

4. Ray

Ray

What is the error message you are getting? It sounds like you are pulling up your application on your localmachine and trying to reference the service you are trying to reference it off our server. I believe if you are opening your local site with visual studio you should be referencing the service on your local machine. You should be able to open the site directly from our server by going to Files/Open Website/FTP Site and then typing in your FTP address and your FTP credentials.

5. Hey...it started working!

I pointed the service reference to your server on my local machine and the application started just fine. This was giving me a cross domain error previously.

To get the service to run on your site I still have to modify my web.config to the following:

<system.serviceModel>
    <serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true">
    <!-- modified section here-->
    <baseAddressPrefixFilters>
    <add prefix="http://www.mysite.com"/>
    </baseAddressPrefixFilters>
    </serviceHostingEnvironment>

6. Ray

Ray

Excellent....