Creating application folder

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by solomon, Dec 18, 2009.

1. I recently uploaded my web-site and I have gotten to the point where I have to make the folder where it is located an application folder.This was the advice I got from the Winhost admins via email.I was told go to this link, http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a635/what-is-the-application-starting-point-tool.aspx for further support.I have followed those instructions a gazillion times but I keep getting error msg, " Application path is invalid".

In Control Panel, under "Sites Manager", the Path to root is listed as, "Path to root: E:\Web\Myweb\".I have a sub folder inside that root and that's where my web-site is located.I will call it "Mysubfolder".I have tried using Unix-style paths, such as /E/Web/Myweb/Mysubfolder or /E:/Web/Myweb/Mysubfolder or E/Web/Myweb/Mysubfolder.I have also tried Windows-style paths such as E:\Web\Myweb\Mysubfolder.I have tried every combination you can think of: even simply /Mysubfolder.Nothing seems to work.Should I using Windows-style paths or Unix-style ones?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Whats the complete error? Do you have a link for us to look at?

3. My problem was solved for me by the Admins.Thank you for wanting to help.