Controlling Folder Access

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Austin, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Hello! I am still newer to hosting websites and essentially I am wondering if I can deny permission to a "scripts" folder?

I have an AngularJS app with some script files and I would like to keep users off from those files/folders (but let my Angular app still reach them), is there any code or controls I can use to do this?

Thanks,
    -Austin

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Hi Austin,

I'm afraid we don't have a way for you to manage your permissions, but you can place those files in an /App_Data folder off the root of your account. That's a special folder protected by IIS which is not accessible through the web but can be read by your application.

Michael likes this.
  3. Okay, thanks!

I have another question now (I can make new topic if need be), I am suddenly getting a pop-up that appears on every reload/redirect stating

"Authentication Required" The server http://aawebapps.com:80 requires a username and password. The server says aawebapps.com

The weird part is that aawebapps.com/ works fine (separate angularjs app), but when I go to aawebapps.com/Capstone/ it gives me this annoying pop-up non-stop.
    Any ideas?

(Already made sure my Authentication on IIS was set to anonymous enabled)

4. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

I tested the page you provided and didn't get any pop up asking for password.

Do I have to log into aawebapps.com/Capstone/?

Michael likes this.
  5. I got a hold of Winhost support and they fixed it for me. :)

I had to disable a form security option in IIS.

Michael likes this.