Configuring ASP.NET for Membership Role Provider in MySql database

Discussion in 'Databases' started by winhoau, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Hello,
    Following closely the article on 'How to configure ASP.Net for Membership Role Provider in MySql database' I got a message that line8 of my web.config was not well formed. I have attached it here so some one can help me check for the error it. I would appreciate your assistance.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

3. Hello Elshadriel,
    Thanks for your invaluable advice on the configuration of my local Mysql for ASP.NET. After implementing the changes in my local machine I got an error message. Would you kindly take a look at it and see if you understsnd the source of the problem and what the solution might be. Attached are copies of the error message and the final configuration of the web.config of my local site.

Regards

4. Hello,
    The error message that seemed to point to my Machine.config setting have disappeared after setting most of my delegation features to read /write. However my web config has problem at its tail ending where the text validator says all xmls must start and end within the same entity. I have attached the xml text validators' error message, my last server error message if any one can recognize what I have left out of the configuration.

Thank you for your assistance.

Attached Files:

5. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Remove line 58. It just shows: