Configure Windows 7 phone to sync mail

Discussion in 'Email' started by Roger Knoell, Apr 11, 2011.

1. I can see in the Smarter Mail manager that there is a way to have my windows 7 phone connect and sync email,contact,calendar but no instuctions how... It says its an option that is currently off, but again no instructions on how to turn on.

Are there better alternatives than that to sync my domain mial with my phone?

2. Ray

Ray

3. I'm trying to follow instructions shown below to Activate Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. I just don't see "Activation Folder". Can someone tell me how to activate this feature or where to log in?

Instructions....

Activate Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
    Apples to: SmarterMail 7.x (Enterprise only)

Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is available as an optional add-on to SmarterMail and is associated to a specific SmarterMail license key at the time of purchase. Once you have purchased this add-on, you will need to reactivate your SmarterMail license key.

Follow these steps to reactivate SmarterMail:

1.Log in to SmarterMail as the system administrator.
    2.Click the Settings icon.
    3.Expand the Activation folder in the left tree view.
    4.Click Licensing in the left tree view.
    5.Click Reactivate in the content pane toolbar.

4. We don't offer SmarterMail ActiveSync.

If we did offer it we would have to charge extra for it because the licensing fees are on a per-user basis. I'm afraid that the potential benefit to us does not outweigh the development cost of the changes to Control Panel and creating a billing back-end for an additional email service, so we had to pass on offering it.

If thousands of users were clamoring for it, it might be a different story, but I'm afraid you are one of a small handful who even know it exists and that SmarterMail had an implementation for it.