change email domen

Discussion in 'Email' started by pavel123123, Apr 18, 2011.

1. when I bought site in Winhost I set up domain as firstdomain.com then I bought new domain seconddomain.com, my problem is than I send mail from SmarterMail I get mail with sender is firstdomain,com. How I can make what in mail message sender to be seconddomain.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

You'll need to switch domain names if seconddomain.com is more important than firstdomain.com. Remember, for each site account, you'll technically have only one email account. Although you can change the Reply-To address it will show the @firstdomain.com as the From address.

But if you setup Outlook, to connect to our web server to send out email, I guess you do have the option to input what ever you want for the From and Reply-To address.

3. thanks for reaply.
    "You'll need to switch domain names" I tried to do this but I didn't find out where I can do this. Can you say how to change domain names?

4. Ray

Ray

You'll need to open a ticket to our support department to have them modify/change the domain name to your site account. Make sure you open the ticket in your control panel so that the request is authenticated.