can't view asp.net mvc 2.0 site published from VS2010

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by neom75, Dec 29, 2010.

1. I have published successfully from visual studio 2010 (just a default MVC application). But when I try to view my webpage by just entering the url in a browser, www.kasugo.com I get a server error:

You tried to access the address http://www.kasugo.com/, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

are there any settings/changes I should make before I can view my mvc application on line? when I look at my subdirectory structure, everything , models, views controllers folders have been uploaded to Winhost. but i can't view a single page of my website...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. I have published successfully from visual studio 2010 (just a default MVC application). But when I try to view my webpage by just entering the url in a browser, www.kasugo.com I get a server error:

You tried to access the address http://www.kasugo.com/, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

are there any settings/changes I should make before I can view my mvc application on line? when I look at my subdirectory structure, everything , models, views controllers folders have been uploaded to Winhost. but i can't view a single page of my website...

have already set my folder to application start point.
    already followed the instructions on publishing via vs2010 (webdeploy and ftp)

3. I don't seen any account with the domain kasugo.com added. Are you sure that is the correct domain name to use? Also, have you tried using the alternate URL?

4. Ray

Ray

Are you sure the domain name "kasugo.com" is active?

I tried to ping kasugo.com and www.kasugo.com and I am not getting any response. I checked the whois record of kasugo.com and it is not pointing to Winhost and I suspect that the domain name has expired. Try doing a whois search on and contact your registrar that controls kasugo.com and verify if this domain name is active.

5. secondary details work, primary don't

I tried publishing to the secondary url
    wwwkasug.w03.Winhost.com,
    that seems to work. ftp also only seems to work with the secondary FTP:
    ftp.wwwkasug.w03.Winhost.com

it seems it's the primary ftp: ftp.www.kasugo.com and primary url www.kasugo.com that don't work.
    willl check with registrar though.

thanks

6. Ray

Ray

7. Looks like your site is still at Dreamhost. At least that's where your domain name is pointed...

Domain Name: kasugo.com

Domain servers in listed order:

ns1.dreamhost.com
    ns2.dreamhost.com
    ns3.dreamhost.com​

8. Registered Domain with Dreamhost but hosting with Winhost

Yes, I did initially register the domain with dreamhost but having got the domain, I'd like to actually host my site with Winhost. I figured it shouldn't matter where registration was done. How then do I get my primary url as www.kasugo.com with the site at Winhost? Is the only way around it to register a domain with Winhost?

9. Ray

Ray

This occurred during the initial registration. When you type the domain name in the text box you typed www.kasugo.com. I you look closed on the text box during the registration process you will see that it will add www for you so you should have only typed kasugo.com. Unfortunately once the account is provisioned there is not way to alter the domain name to the account. I suggest you cancel the site account and register a new site account but this time just type kasugo.com without the www. Since your site account is less then 30 days old, you should get a full refund when you choose cancel immediately. Make sure you download a copy of your database and web pages back to your local computer. When you cancel the site account all these things will be dropped from our system.

10. Cancelled Domain registration

I canceled the registered domain www.kasugo.com with dreamhost and registered another with Winhost; sugotracker.com. Will this sort out my issues and let me use sugotracker.com as the primary site?..Also, I see now way of deleting www.kasugo.com from my registered domains list. I'm guessing I have to pay $9.95 for the new domain sugotracker.com...is there anyway I can transfer my $9.95 to this new domain and have it as the active site?

11. Ray

Ray

Try looking at this kb article about canceling your account.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a698/cancellation-faq.aspx

Although you registered the domain name sugotracker.com through us you have not registered it as a hosting service. You will still need to register sugotracker.com with a hosting service.