Can't upload large files

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by jensenm20, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Hello everyone,

I am trying to upload large video files to my server but IIS gives an error (when the size is over a certain amount). The video sizes I'm trying to upload are 50MB and up. I know that there is a setting in IIS to customize the maxAllowedContentLength but I can't figure out how to get to it. Is there a way to change it in IIS remote manager?

:confused:

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Ray

Ray

Try checking the "maxAllowedContentLength" setting in your applications web.config file. By default it is set to 30 MB. Try increasing that element within the web.config.

3. I tried making the maxallowed larger, but it still doesn't work. It just hangs and then says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Here is what I have for my web.config file.

<configuration>
    <system.webServer>
    <security>
    <requestFiltering>
    <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="999999999"/>
    </requestFiltering>
    </security>
    </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

4. Ray

Ray

How are you trying to upload the file? Is it through a .Net web application, a classic asp application, or through FTP?

5. Classic Asp web app

6. Ray

Ray

I suggest you open a ticket to our support department about this. Make sure you explain in detail what has occurred the exact error message and if possible detailed instructions on how we can replicate the error.

7. I already opened a ticket for it.

8. Ray

Ray

What was the ticket number I'll get somebody to double check it.

9. Looks like: 0A5-12EE1A5C-E7F3