Can't access domain

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by TechBrains, May 16, 2013.

1. Hello,

We are tech support for our client Acupera. We need to gain access to their DNS records to change hosting information. Whois says you are the DNS hosting provider:
    Registrant:
    Acupera
    731 Sansome St.
    Suite 301
    San Francisco, CA 94111
    US

Domain name: ACUPERA.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Hubbard, Kelvin
    731 Sansome St.
    Suite 301
    San Francisco, CA 94111
    US
    +1.4153615757
    Technical Contact:
    Support, Technical
    80 W Sierra Madre Blvd
    # 268
    Sierra Madre, CA 91024
    US
    +1.3103880458 Fax: +1.3103880458

Registration Service Provider:
    Winhost,
    310-388-0458
    310-388-0458 (fax)
    http://Winhost.com

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 18-Sep-2012.
    Record expires on 04-Nov-2013.
    Record created on 04-Nov-2011.

Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
    http://tucowsdomains.com

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.Winhost.COM
    NS3.Winhost.COM
    NS2.Winhost.COM

Domain status: clientTransferProhibited
    clientUpdateProhibited

Sadly though Kelvin who registered the site with you is no longer with Acupera and all records of usernames and passwords are missing. Yes, I already tried using the "I forgot my username" link, using his two email variations but no mail ever came through. He had two addresses, one before the company name change and one after, neither received a message from your automated recovery system.
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    We need to get this fixed for our client, so please tell me what you need to prove that we/they are the owners of the domain.

I would have preferred just calling and talking with you, but I can't find a phone number. I would post my number, but this is altogether too public a space to do that.
    Thanks,

Dave @ TechBrains

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. If you are unable to gain access to the control panel via the “forgot my password” or “forgot my login” links from the control panels main page (cp.Winhost), I would suggest that you contact the support department from either the support portal (support.Winhost.com) or by sending an email to [email protected].

We have alternative methods which we can provide to help you gain access to the sites control panel which we can only provide through our email ticket system.

Once you have gained access to the control panel, you can modify the WHOIS information or the DNS records for the given domain.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015