BLOGENGINE app help!

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by piesandteas, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hi,

I have an account with Winhost, and from the user control panel, i am able to install an web application called "BLOGENGINE.NET"

After i have successfully installed, i was directed to my url.
    However, i saw a page which was shown in the attachment.

If i have installed the web application, in where could i edit the application from?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. rum

rum Winhost Staff

HTTP Error 500.19 error means that the configuration of web.config file of your web application is not correct or has duplicate entries. This usually happens when a web application is installed in a subdirectory. If an application is installed in subfolder its web.config enties could be inherited from web.config of the applicaton in the root (parent folder). To resolve this issue please do the following:

* Disable inheritance in your web.config. Please see the following article for the instructions:
    http://aspdotnetfaq.com/Faq/how-to-...ld-applications-in-subfolders-in-asp-net.aspx

* Remove temporarily web.config file from your root directory

* Reinstall your web application in your subdirectory

* Place web.config of your parent dirtory back

3. in my root dir, i have about 10 HTML files. i don't have any web.config in the root.
    i also got the same error as the original poster.

how to solve the problem?

4. rum

rum Winhost Staff

Please open a support ticket through our support portal and ask to check the ACL permissions. Also provide the URL and instructions on how to reproduce the error on your site.