ASP.Net MVC Silverlight 3.0 & WCF

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Guest, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm looking for a hosting service that can support my needs. I have an ASP.NET MVC web site that has multiple Silverlight 3 clients and a single SilverLight WCF service. To support this web site the root of the IIS server that will host my web site must contain a clientaccesspolicy.xml file. That file is required in order for a Silverlight 3 client to access a SilverLight WCF service. See this web page for the gory details: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645032(VS.95).aspx

My current host service does not support my needs. If your company does, then I'll have you host my web site.

2. Ray

Ray

We support silverlight, MVC, and web services. Each account acts as there own root so you should be able to upload clientaccesspolicy.xml to your root.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

It is not just that each site having its own root, but, the root of the IIS server (which supports those sites) must have within its root folder the clientaccesspolicy.xml file. This is a matter of cross-domain security specific to Silverlight 3.

4. Ray

Ray

I'll have to check with our systems admin about that one.