ASP.NET MVC 4 Application Hosting Error

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Roverman, Oct 19, 2012.

1. I am able to run my MVC app just fine on my two development machines AND a Win2008 R2 server. I am using MySQL for database and log4net for logging. Initially I ran into the security errors many have described elsewhere so set Full trust and added [assembly: System.Security.SecurityRules(System.Security.SecurityRuleSet.Level1)] to AssemblyInfo.cs for the log4net project.

I changed the application thread pool to ASP.NET 4.0 and tried both Integrated and Classic Mode.

I can successfully call *some* pages. However, I am running into two problems...

#1) log4net is not properly logging to the directory and file defined. I created a "log" directory under the root and set the config. No log files are being created.

#2) if I browse the secondary web URL I can see an ASP.NET error with stack trace.

For some reason, System.Web.HttpResponseBase.RedirectToRoute() is failing. In this case, it is attempting to redirect the user to an error page. It works just fine on other machines and I can successfully navigate directly to the error page.

Anyone have any ideas about what I might be missing on either (or both) issues?