ASP.NET Membership Profile

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by Gofer01, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Gofer01

Gofer01 Amateur Web Application Developer

I'm trying to create a change Profile Page with ASP.Net controls in Visual Studio 2008 Pro.

The closest controls I could find was change Password control. I want a signed on user be able to change his/her secret question or e-mail address. I got the change password in place but not the rest of the profile options that should be available to them.

In the poperty window there two properties for change Profile Option. One is a text poperty and the other is a URL poperty. I can't find no Profile controls in the tool box

2. Ray

Ray

I don't think there is a profile control. I can understand what Microsoft has some Password controls but passwords are treated a little differently. But as a profile control such as email or secret question, you may have to create your own.

3. Gofer01

Gofer01 Amateur Web Application Developer

Naw there is a control in the tool box for that the asp.net code is
    Code:
    <asp:CreateUserWizard ID="CreateUserWizard1" runat="server" BackColor="#FFFBD6" 
            BorderColor="#FFDFAD" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" 
            Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="0.8em">
            <SideBarStyle BackColor="#990000" Font-Size="0.9em" VerticalAlign="Top" />
            <SideBarButtonStyle ForeColor="White" />
            <ContinueButtonStyle BackColor="White" BorderColor="#CC9966" 
                BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" Font-Names="Verdana" 
                ForeColor="#990000" />
            <NavigationButtonStyle BackColor="White" BorderColor="#CC9966" 
                ForeColor="#990000" />
            <HeaderStyle BackColor="#FFCC66" BorderColor="#FFFBD6" BorderStyle="Solid" 
                BorderWidth="2px" Font-Bold="True" Font-Size="0.9em" ForeColor="#333333" 
                HorizontalAlign="Center" />
            <CreateUserButtonStyle BackColor="White" BorderColor="#CC9966" 
                ForeColor="#990000" />
            <TitleTextStyle BackColor="#990000" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
            <WizardSteps>
                <asp:CreateUserWizardStep runat="server" />
                <asp:CompleteWizardStep runat="server" />
            </WizardSteps>
        </asp:CreateUserWizard>

The WYSIWUG template looks like this

[​IMG]

What it looks like on the web site is this

[​IMG]

What I trying to do is after they create there account they can go back and be able to change there secert question and there e-mail address.

The above codes is in the ASP.NET Configuration tool. You can only run that tool in local mode. I can change there information in local mode then plublisah it. But I want them be able to change the information w/o my assistance. So far they only can change there password

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015