ASP.NET error - can't log in to my site

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by rankfast, Aug 30, 2012.

1. I just transferred my site rankfast.net to Winhost a few days ago. I'm having trouble with the login section of the site (http://www.rankfast.net/Login.aspx). When I try to login the page refreshs but nothing happens. ASP.NET is somewhat new to me and I'm not sure what to do to fix this issue. I attached a copy of the web.config file if needed. I would appreciate any help with this.

Thank You
    Nicholas

web.config file
    =================================================

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!-- 
        Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the 
        web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use
        the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.
        A full list of settings and comments can be found in 
        machine.config.comments usually located in 
        \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config 
    -->
    <configuration>
      <appSettings>

<add key="ConnectionString" value="Data Source=tcp:s05.Winhost.com;Initial Catalog=DB_46861_rankfastnet;User ID=................;Password=......." ></add>

<add key="BP" value="BP"/>
      </appSettings>
      <connectionStrings>
        <add name="MyDbConn" 
            connectionString="Server=tcp:s05.Winhost.com; Database=DB_46861_rankfastnet; User Id=.............; password=..........."
            providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>
      <system.web>
        <pages enableEventValidation="false" enableViewStateMac="false" viewStateEncryptionMode="Never" validateRequest="false">
          <controls>
            <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
          </controls>
        </pages>
        <!-- 
                Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging 
                symbols into the compiled page. Because this 
                affects performance, set this value to true only 
                during development.
            -->
        <compilation debug="true">
          <codeSubDirectories>
            <add directoryName ="vb"/>
          </codeSubDirectories>
          <assemblies>
            <!--<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
            <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
            <add assembly="DevExpress.Web.ASPxEditors.v8.2, Version=8.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9B171C9FD64DA1D1"/>
            <add assembly="DevExpress.Web.v8.2, Version=8.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9B171C9FD64DA1D1"/>
            <add assembly="DevExpress.Data.v8.2, Version=8.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9B171C9FD64DA1D1"/>-->
            <add assembly="System.Security, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
            <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
            <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

</assemblies>
        </compilation>
        <httpHandlers>
          <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
          <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
          <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
          <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/>
        </httpHandlers>
        <httpModules>
          <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

</httpModules>
        <sessionState 
      mode="SQLServer" 
      allowCustomSqlDatabase = "true" 
      sqlConnectionString="data Source=tcp:s05.Winhost.com;database=DB_46861_sessions;user id=........................;password=............" 
      cookieless="false" 
      timeout="15" />
        <!--
                The <authentication> section enables configuration 
                of the security authentication mode used by 
                ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. 
            -->
        <authentication mode="Windows"/>
        <!--
                The <customErrors> section enables configuration 
                of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs 
                during the execution of a request. Specifically, 
                it enables developers to configure html error pages 
                to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.-->

<!--  <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="/FileNotFound.htm"></customErrors> -->

<trust level="Full" />
      </system.web>
      <system.net>
        <mailSettings>
          <smtp>      
            <network host="mail.rankfast.net" password="..............." userName="[email protected]"/>
            <!--<network host="smtp.rankfast.net" password="irmapandolfi.8" userName="rankfast.net"/>-->
            <!--195.43.38.7 www.superfreelancerclonescript.com-->

</smtp>
        </mailSettings>
      </system.net>
    </configuration>

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Thanks for replying. I set up the membership role and rule and the login page is still not working. Could the problem be that i;m using a ASP.NET SQL Server Session instead of a stateserver.

The stateserver was the default session storage in the web.config file.

4. I figured it out. It was a database issue. I imported the database script via command prompt and now everything is working good. Thanks for the help

5. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

I'm glad you got it working. :)