ASP.Net Email Issue

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by hamanchi, Sep 10, 2010.

1. I know this issue has been address many times and go through most of the threads but unfortunately didn't get any.
    here is my code
    Code:
          //create the mail message 
            MailMessage mail = new MailMessage(); 

//set the addresses 
            mail.From = new MailAddress("[email protected]"); 
            mail.To.Add("[email protected]"); 

//set the content 
            mail.Subject = "This is an email"; 
            mail.Body = "This is from system.net.mail using C sharp with smtp authentication."; 
            //send the message 
             SmtpClient smtp = new SmtpClient("mail.msltech.co.uk"); 

NetworkCredential Credentials = new NetworkCredential("[email protected]", "XXXX"); 
             smtp.Credentials = Credentials;
             smtp.Send(mail); 

and here is the error
    any help will be appreciable

2. Ray

Ray

Try increasing the trust level on your web application. The easiest way is to go through IIS 7 Manager and access the Trust Level module.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a628/using-the-microsoft-iis-70-manager.aspx

Once you are connected, go to the Trust Level module and set it to High or Full. If you see it is already set to Full, try lowering it to Medium, and save it then set it back to Full and then save it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. :(
    i did what every you mention above but it is not working for me

4. Ray

Ray

Whats the URL so we can see this error?

5. Ray

Ray

mail.msltech.co.uk does not seem to be resolving to our email server. It appears to be resolving to your old hosting providers email server. Are you using them for email? If not I suggest you update the name servers for msltech.co.uk and have the DNS servers point to us. That way we handle your email.

6. you know it new hosting and domain name we buy from your company. Both domain name and hosting we purchased from your company, if their is some email MX entries or setting issues please let me know where i goto in control panel to set these settings.
    thank you

7. Ray

Ray

We didn't register msltech.co.uk for you. We cannot register international domain name. This is somethng you registered somewhre else. I'm afraid we are only the web hosting provider for you.

8. okay, but can you tell me please how i overcome this problem please any guidance.

9. Ray

Ray

The best thing to do is to contact your registrar and have them point the DNS server to us. That way mail.msltech.co.uk will point to our email servers.