ASP application and folder permission

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Salpp, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Salpp

Salpp Guest

I would like to move my .ASP application to you windows hosting I use Absolute Banner Manager XE - Version 2.0 from xigla.com and i need some folder permission for have this application run properly.

can I create my own folder and set the different and needed folder permission ?

Please let me know

regards

2. Ray

Ray

Yes you can. First you would connect to our server via FTP. Once connected you will create a subfolder in your root.

Once that is done, you will use IIS 7 Manager to connect to our server. Then from there you can either go to the Authentication and Authorization Rule manager to edit the permission settings.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

So I cannot set permission for example 755 by my Dreamweaver ftp connection ? but i can do from the domain manager ?

4. Ray

Ray

First off 755 is a unix-based permission, but to make it clear, you are not allowed direct access to our ACL, but through IIS 7 Manager you can restrict the access to specified folder.

The permission 755 which is used by unix essentially means full read and write access. You should already have this in your root. That is how the permission is set when the account is created. And when you create a subfolder under the root, that subfolder will inherit the permission from the root which is also full read and write access.