Anyone using MVC 2.0 on WinHost?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by n8nt, Jan 17, 2010.

1. I am starting to look at MVC and see several enhancements from MVC 2 over MVC 1. Since I'm starting out more or less fresh, the articles I read seem to be talking more about MVC 2 than MVC 1. So I'd like to use MVC 2. But since it is not yet a released product, Winhost (according to a support ticket I sent) does not officially support MVC 2. I haven't found anything in my searches that indicates that MVC 2.0 requires anything from the server that MVC 1.0 didn't have so I assume if I write an MVC 2.0 app it will run on Winhost. Anyone try this yet?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Using an older version on a newer platform is usually not a problem, but you're going in the other direction. You're asking MVC 1.0 to be forward compatible. I would assume that there will be something in the 2.0 app that 1.0 chokes on.

That's just conjecture, of course, I haven't heard of anyone trying it. But knowing Microsoft I thinks it's a safe assumption. ;)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  3. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

it should work fine.. just make sure you upload the mvc 1.0 dll into the bin.

4. Now I think we have a bet. Knowing Frank, I will lose. :|

5. OK. I'll try this out. I'll load the mvc 2.0 dll in though... I think that's what Frank meant to say. I'll let you know what I find.
    And, thanks!

Bob