Anyone hosting forums?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by fantus, May 10, 2010.

1. Anyone hosting forums? If yes, what script do you use?

Thanks

2. Ray

Ray

What do you mean what script do you use? Forums are web applications that can either use vb script, java script, or PHP.
    If you are looking to consider hosting a forum you may want to look at this link. This is a free forum application you can download from Microsoft. It is part of their starter kits and it is ASP.Net base application.

http://www.yetanotherforum.net/

3. interesting

i wonder if the basic package is sufficient enough. i want to try and install it first, then upgrade if things is favorable for me (or clients)

4. Ray

Ray

You can always try. Since we are in a month to month pay period you can always cancel for the next month. But for the most part the basic package should be fine for you. But if you are planning on hosting several .Net appilcations such as a forum, a blog site, and ecommerce site then you may want to upsize to the max plan. I say that because the basic package only allows you one database. For sites such as these you may want to separate them to their own databases.