Adobe Shockwave support?

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Sleepwalker, May 31, 2011.

1. Hello Winhost,

Just wondering if there is support for Adobe Shockwave accross all hosting plans. I do quite a bit of development with Adobe Director and hosting and displaying DCR files are a must before I move from HostMonster to Winhost.

Regards
    Jordan Berlyn

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Hi Jordan,

Shockwave runs in a browser plug-in, doesn't it? In which case there isn't any server-side support per-se.

I don't know if .dcr is a MIME type on the server by default, but if it isn't, you can easily add it using IIS Manager.

3. Hi Hank,

Thanks for the quick reply. Another reason I see myself moving away from HostMonster within the next few days. Yes, Shockwave is a client based platform but I just wanted to clarify that it was available as I noticed you have Adobe Flash support under the features page of your website, but thank you for confirming that it is an available feature.

Regards

4. Cool. If you do come over and run into any problems, just let us know.

5. Hi Hank,

I know this is off the original topic, but from what I can see, you purchase your initial hosting plan and then each consecutive hosting plan can be maintained within a single control panel. I have several customers that I currently maintain websites for that I plan to move over to Winhost. I have messed around with your demo control panel, but can you please confirm my statement?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  6. khan

khan Guest

i think you can start with a basic plan and then upgrade to highr plan as per your requirements. [​IMG]

7. That's right. Look at it this way; you open one account, then any number of sites within that account.

Bear in mind though, all those sites live under one Control Panel login. So if you needed to give a client control over their site/billing you would want to set up a separate account, then set up their site in that account.

8. Hi Hank,

Thanks for that clarification. Makes sense now.

Regards