ACL was altered

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by RichWhitfield, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have been having some problems with my MVC project that I web deploy. I was told to look at this to solve the problem. I followed that advice but am still getting my permissions locked out and have to raise tickets each time to get them reset.

Today it happened again. I got the permissions reset but wanted to know why it was still happening and I was told by one of the Sys Admins to write a post here as they (Mundo) cannot go through my .csproj file to check if I have done it correctly. Here is the pertinent section of my .csproj file. Is this correct?

<PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Release|AnyCPU' ">
    <includesetaclproviderondestination>False</includesetaclproviderondestination>
    <DebugType>pdbonly</DebugType>
    <Optimize>true</Optimize>
    <OutputPath>bin\</OutputPath>
    <DefineConstants>TRACE</DefineConstants>
    <ErrorReport>prompt</ErrorReport>
    <WarningLevel>4</WarningLevel>
    </PropertyGroup>

Is there something else in that section that may be causing my problems?

One really important question is why we need to do this at all, why can't we just deploy. I have been able to with other hosts.

Thanks for your time and any advice you may be able to give,

Rich

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

Looks correct to me. Are you publishing using the "Release" version?

In addition, consider using FTP within VS.NET to publish. It works pretty much the same way unless you are pushing out database everytime.

3. Thanks for getting back to me Frank.

Yeah I am using release, it's a funny old business to be sure!

I have used FTP release in the past but only very briefly as it seems to only allow overwriting of all matching files, or delete all files before transferring. Web Deploy just seems more efficient, when it is working!