Accessing php.ini file

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by da11as, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Was just wondering if it was possible to access this file or if you guys can edit it for me on the backend? Thanks.

2. Ray

Ray

Sorry, we can't allow you access to the PHP.ini file. Unlike Linux where each root can have its own php.ini file, on Windows there is only one php.ini file and it serves all the php application on that server.

3. So basically my php wont work because you guys wont allow access. How awesome is that. godaddy here I come!

4. Ray

Ray

What is it in the PHP.INI file you need to change? It may already there and the problem you are having with your PHP application is caused by something else.

5. global_registers = on

6. Ray

Ray

global_registers by default has been set to "off" by PHP themselves. It is considered a security hole if left to on, and promotes bad coding practices. Try looking at this link.

http://php.net/manual/en/security.globals.php

7. I'm aware of what it does. thanks for your time. have a nice day.

8. Say 'hi' to Bob for me. Oh, and tell him he still owes me $179.98 for that "Domain Discount Club" renewal that I didn't authorize.

It isn't that we don't allow access, but the configuration we use doesn't support it. If we make a move to running php with FastCGI in the future, individual php.ini will be possible. At this moment though, it is not.

9. Just wanted to resurrect this topic. Are you still not using FastCGI and cannot have custom ini files in the application directory?

10. Ray

Ray

Its definitely in the works and being heavily discussed. We'll post something on the forum regarding this soon.