Access database

Discussion in 'Databases' started by LimeyTiger, Oct 22, 2009.

1. I have an Access database in my desktop that I want to install on a hosting site and provide for 10 users with various permissions. I haven't a clue what additional software i need or which package i shoud buy. Can you give me some advice.

Thanks Limey Tiger

2. Ray

Ray

Can you explain on what you mean by 'provide for 10 users with various permissions'? Did you mean you have 10 users that needs to access your database directly?

3. Yes there are 10 people requiring to log on. Three will be administrators, 7 read only

4. You can use Access on a web site, but that's not what it was made for. You are going to run into problems, especially if you intend to have more than one of these users logging in to/working on the database at the same time.

If you want to do web-based database management, it would be worth your while to investigate migrating that Access data to MS SQL. A SQL database is included in the account here.

But migration and SQL management is not a trivial thing if your knowledge only extends as far as Access. Depending on what you do with this database, you might want to invest in some developer help to get yourself migrated and set up. All of this depends on what you're doing, of course.