503 Error - Images?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by digitalcolony, Aug 18, 2011.

1. I am occasionally getting 503 Errors, which means I've consumed all the HTTP connections. When I look at the error log, it appears it happens when pulling image files. Is that possible?

Is there some setting I should adjust on IIS? I really can't control if multiple users request pages with images simultaneously. BTW, this is for www.ineedcoffee.com, which uses Classic ASP, some ASP.NET and SQL Server. Most of the images from this error log are from http://www.ineedcoffee.com/11/eva-solo-coffee/.

thanks!

2. That usually isn't the issue when you run in to max connections problems. "Connection" does not equal "visitor."

You would have to have a lot of traffic to consume all the available connections (but it can happen with very, very busy sites). More likely what's happening is your application is not properly closing a connection.

If you troubleshoot the application and don't find a problem, and you are running a high traffic site, you can contact support to have the connection limit increased. But they're going to tell you to check the application first...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Hmm. Interesting. By connection, I am assuming that can only mean database. Is that correct or is there something else I should be looking for?