how to setup ASP.NET Web API on winhost?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by joe oliveira, Aug 16, 2019.

1. I have tried setting up a REST site using asp.net Web Api but get a 404 when I navigate to a specific endpoint, For example: mysubdomain.mydomain.com/MyRestApp/api/Values

on the other hand if i put a testpage.html inside the webapi project and navigate to it, it gets served OK.
    For example: mysubdomain.mydomain.com/MyRestApp/testpage.html

This leads me to conclude there are specific steps / config that need to be performed at winhost. Same site on a win10 with IIS (acting as a remote server) works out of the box, no extra steps required.

Please point me to a knowledge base article on the steps required to setup asp.net web api site at winhost.

2. After much time-wasting on a wild goose chase, I checked my version of ASP.NET under Site Manager / Site Tools.

I still had 2 / 3 / 3.5 .. what the ?!

Issue fixed, and there I was thinking of moving host ... to the powers that be at winhost, how about a few articles on "how to install" such basic stuff on winhost, for example, in regards to Web API, MVC, WCF, WebForms (cringe), ASP classic (cringe), ASP CORE etc etc...

3. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

4. What url must I use to access the APIs? I have a secured site and when I try to access API.website.com, it redirects to www.website.com