Outbound email, flagged as spam

Discussion in 'Email' started by fontano, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I am using my domain and hosting as personal family system.
    Basically a way that we have our domain, our email addresses "forever".. can create as many as I want... so on.

Basically we don't use it for a busisness or mass mailing, or anything like that.

Over the last few months... we are increasingly being told by friends, family, school, and so on... that our emails are showing up in ther Junk folders, or not being delivered at all.

I don't know where to start to get that corrected...
    Is it here at the ISP, Godaddy which the domain is registered through?

We use Outlook as our email client, or our smartphones, through the SMTP.

Any ideas?

2. If email is getting marked as spam, it's important to figure out why the receiving end is considering these emails to be marked as spam. If possible, I'd need you to please provide us with the full email (including email headers) when the email is received on the other end.

This way, it may mark on there what is causing the spam to be labeled as such.

3. I just had a couple messages to my sister-in-law bounce back, with this message in the header:

Reason: Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [64.79.170.151] blocked using Trend Micro RBL+. Please see http://www.mail-abuse.com/cgi-bin/lookup?ip_address=64.79.170.151; Mail from 64.79.170.151 blocked using Trend Micro Email Reputation database. Please see
    <http://www.mail-abuse.com/cgi-bin/lookup?64.79.170.151>

Looking at the link, it looks like a series of the servers are listed.

4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Our system administrators are aware about this issue and we are currently trying to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

5. Is there an update on this?
    As my emails are still being rejected by several servers.

6. ComputerMan

Our system Administrators are still working with Trend Micro to get it resolve as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused you.

7. Has this been corrected yet?

8. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

The problem has been resolved.

9. I have just recently started using my winhost email account and my emails are also just going to junk or spam folders. I haven't used my domain to send to anyone other than myself and friends. Any suggestions?

10. ComputerMan

Contact our support department and provide us with the email header of the email message that was received as Spam.

You might also want to set up a DKIM for your site. Our knowledge base article shows you how to complete this here: https://support.winhost.com/kb/a1403/enabling-and-configuring-a-dkim-key-for-your-email.aspx You will need to contact our support department to ask them to enable the Domain Signing Feature.