New Social Media Site needs critique

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by SamS, Jun 3, 2017.

1. I've uploaded a significant amount of updates to my application but currently it is best viewed with MS Edge, Chrome is fully functional but has some styling issues that I'm working on correcting Firefox has a problem with video streaming and is not supporting the current video containers available. You'll still be able to log in though and view some of the features using Firefox. Anyhow, please look around and let me know what you think.

URL: http://i-underground.com

2. Hi Sam. FYI: IE11 seems to have the same problem loading the main page that Firefox has. I realize that browser is 3 1/2 years old, but it is the latest (last) version, and a lot of people are stuck with IE, so you might want to do some browser detection and come up with an alternate page for FF/IE types.

The more browsers advance, the more it's becoming like the old days, where you had to make decisions about browser support if you want to do anything new. But there's still value in supporting everybody (or as many people as you can). It all depends on your target audience, of course, and it looks like your site is aimed at a younger audience, so maybe support for older browsers is less important.

You'll probably want to focus on wide mobile support, which is a whole other set of problems. ;)

3. Yeah I'm aware of the issues loading the video file to IE10. I'm looking for a work around for Firefox and IE, otherwise I'll set a timeout and plug in an image backslash in its place. Alternatively I might post the video to Youtube and link the video in an ifield. Not sure if I like the later solution though.

4. As for mobile devices I'm working on it. The site is built off bootstrap, but bootstrap is a cookie cutter solution and I'm not one for conformity, so.....

5. I used to love Bootstrap, but lately I think I want a divorce. ;)

6. Yeah I don't think your alone in that idea.