Wordpress site migration

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by Guillaume, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Hi
    I've got a wordpress site hosted by Winhost. As it is a subdirectory of a more general web site, I want to migrate it to another domain. So I purshased a new domain, a new plan and install the wordpress application. Is there an easy way to migrate my old wordpress site to the new one ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

You should just be able to copy the files over, restore the MySQL database (if you created a new one), and then update the connection information in wp-config.php file.

3. Thanks, but how to copy/restore the MySQL database ? I dont find anything in the database manager .... ?

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

You can use MySQL WorkBench or install phpMyAdmin using the App Installer tool.

Michael likes this.
  5. I tried with MySQL Workbench, but I cant configure the remote management type, then it fails to connect as I am said that I dont have privileges to manage it remotely, and in WorkBench I do not have the option to not manage it remotely....

6. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

You don't connect to the server. You need to connect to the individual database, and the settings are in the Control Panel. If you're having difficulty, you can open up a support ticket with a screen shot so that we can help you troubleshoot the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Michael likes this.