Which is your favorite browser?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by FredC, Jun 21, 2011.

1. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

Firefox!!

2. What he said

3. Mosaic 1.1 (1.0 sucks!).

4. rum

rum Winhost Staff

Opera 11

5. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Firefox.

Netscape Navigator back in the day. :p

6. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

doesn't seem like anyone like IE??

7. A786

A786 Guest

Chrome is not bad though but Firefox is on top of my list :)

8. I seem to feel as if firefox runs a lot slower than chrome, feature wise firefox rules them all but I still use chrome for general usage and when I need firebug or other add ons that firefox has I just switch to it.

As for IE, IE9 isn't bad Microsoft finally caught up but they have already fallen behind which they tend to do a lot, they simply can't keep up with the demands, it is a solid HTML5/CSS3 browser though.

9. Chrome is good in both the way in Computer support and in web access as well.
    Chrome doesn't have any problem while you are working on multiple tabs simultaneously whereas other browsers have hang problem on multiple tabs.

10. As a web developer, I have all 3 major browsers installed: Firefox. IE, and Chrome. It's been interesting to see them all evolve over time, especially IE, which has finally made its way to "compliant" rendering.

But my browser of choice is Firefox, and has been since it was released. Not only does it support a multitude of add-ons (you can even write them yourself if those which are offered aren't quite a good enough), but it's generally one of the first to add privacy controls directly into the browser itself, such as the privacy mode/window.

The only downside to the browser was its recent ad-placement on a new open, which is thankfully an opt-out. Too bad they didn't make it an opt-in, but that seems to be the world we live in today: shove everything at us until we say "No".

11. I'm typing this in Firefox (where I have 14-16 tabs open all day every day), but I prefer Chrome (where I only have 6-8 tabs open at any given time).