Unable to send emails from my forum

Discussion in 'Email' started by gaurav, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Hi, I used following configurations and got different errors.
    Config 1:

<smtp deliveryMethod="Network" from="[email protected]">
    <!-- Uncomment to specify SMTP settings -->
    <network host="mail.mastforums.com" port="25" password="******" userName="[email protected]"/>
    </smtp>

Error :

Failed to connect:

Failure sending mail.

Config 2:

<network host="smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com" port="587" password="********" userName="[email protected]"/>
    </smtp>

Error:

Failed to connect:

Insufficient permissions for setting the configuration property 'port'. (E:\web\mastforu\mail.config line 8)

Can any one help please?

2. Ray

Ray

You are going to need to talk to yahoo. It looks like you are using their email server to send out email.

<network host="smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com" port="587" password="********" userName="[email protected]"/>

For your first example you have...

<network host="mail.mastforums.com" port="25" password="******" userName="[email protected]"/>
    </smtp>

And you wrote that the error message you got is...

Failed to connect:

Do you have a way for us to replicate this error message? Where exactly is this web page residing at? Is it still on your computer or has it been uploaded to our web server?

Can you send email through other means such as Outlook using one of your mastforums.com email account?

3. I have seen that the port property requires Full Trust, so try setting your application to run under Full Trust in your web.config as well as contacting Yahoo and verifying that your connection settings are correct.