Orchard AppInstallation

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by Bubbawny, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Dear Sir or madame:

I am a new customer as of today. I signed up for Winhost Max and used the app installer to try to get Orchard deployed.

I used the control panel's App Starting Point tool to create the site "/orchard"

I created a new DB on the Winhost SQL server associated with my hosting account here, along with password.

I used the appinstallation tool to deploy Orchard, typing in the DNS Name of the SQL Server, the db name, username, and PW.

It said it was created successfully.

However, when I go to the IP of my host as specified in my Winhost Manager and go to /Orchard/, I'm getting a 404 error.

I used the KB to search and found an article to ensure the app pool is not set to classic, but integrated, which it was.

I am now trying to deploy orchard to the root of my site, as another article suggested.

I am dissatisfied so far and am requesting your help. I prepaid for a year service based upon reviews and hope to have your help getting this starter orchard app running.

There's nothing in the app_data log files (as Orchard support suggested to look at).

I need help please. My primary purpose of using Winhost is for ORchard.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

I'm afraid you can't access your site using the IP address unless you have installed an SSL Certificate because it is shared. You need to use your Secondary URL address or your domain name.

Michael likes this.
  3. Elshadriel,

Accessing the site through the secondary URL address\orchard worked.

I Ftp'd the Orchard files to the root of my site and am getting an error. I turned on remote errors and it looks like the app pool doesn't have permission to write to the root. I see no tools in the CP to look at or manage permissions. In fact, it seems quite limited. (Is there an advanced CP?)

Anyways, can you assist with getting Orchard functional at the root level?

4. PS. I installed IIS7 remote management tools and can manage the site using this successfully. However, I still need help figuring out why the site won't run in the root please.

5. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

What's the error message?

6. Server Error in '/' Application.
    Security Exception
    Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
    System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
    System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +31
    System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +46
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationFileMap.GetFilenameFromMachineConfigFilePath() +63
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationFileMap.get_MachineConfigFilename() +10
    System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationHost.OpenExeConfiguration(ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, Boolean isMachine, ConfigurationUserLevel userLevel, String exePath) +42
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.OpenExeConfigurationImpl(ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, Boolean isMachine, ConfigurationUserLevel userLevel, String exePath, Boolean preLoad) +125
    Autofac.Configuration.SectionHandler.Deserialize(String configurationFile, String configurationSection) in SectionHandler.cs:218
    Orchard.Environment.OrchardStarter.CreateHostContainer(Action`1 registrations) in OrchardStarter.cs:128
    Orchard.Web.MvcApplication.HostInitialization(HttpApplication application) in Global.asax.cs:46
    Orchard.WarmupStarter.<>c__DisplayClass3.<LaunchStartupThread>b__2(Object state) in Starter.cs:89

7. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

You probably need to enable "Full" trust. This Knowledge Base article will show you how.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    ComputerMan and Michael like this.
  8. Thank you. The site is now operational. Much appreciated.

ComputerMan and Michael like this.