Newbie here, help needed pls !

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Wartin, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Hi,
    this may be a silly question. When I type in the browser :
    www.mysite.com
    I get to a page that reads :
    "Web Page is Unavailable
    We are very sorry.
    The web page you are trying to reach is unavailable.
    Please contact the Website Administrator.
    We apologize for the inconvenience."

When I put in instead :
    www.mysite.com/index.html
    I get to another error page titled
    "IIS 7.0 Detailed error 404.0 Not Found"
    This page mentions that the page I tried to load should be
    in this Physical Path : e:\inetpub\wwwroot\index.html
    (but it isn't there).
    I'm pretty sure I have uploaded an index.html page on the root using Filezilla.

My question is, why I can't see the index.html page? Could it be a path error or permissions eror?

Thanks, Wartin

2. Ray

Ray

Do you have a domain name called mysite.com? If you don't then you will get this error message. I suspect you don't since the domain name 'mysite.com' is typically used as an example.

3. Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Oops, I see that you have updated the name servers. It may take a day or so from the time you made the changes until the domain points to our servers.

5. Yes the nameservers are set. I did a "traceroute" and it appears that the there is no such problem. Still I see only an error page....Very frustrating.
    It appears to me that the home page is being requested at the wrong path or something like this. Any ideas how I should go about resolving this ?

6. Ray

Ray

Send us the URL so we can test it on our end.

7. Well, e:\inetpub\wwwroot\index.html is the wrong path.

Here it would be E:\Web\x*******\

So if you have that old path hard-coded in your application or pages somewhere you have to change it.

8. Ray

Ray

I think you better open a ticket to support about this. Log into your control panel and open the ticket there so that the ticket is authenticated.

9. This is the strange part, the path "e:\inetpub\wwwroot\index.html" is not hardcoded anywhere ... I only uploaded a simple "index.html" page on the root using Filezilla.
    My domain name is xn--5xak.eu (internationalized name). When I browse to xn--5xak.eu/index.htm I get an error page. If I browse to xn--5xak.eu/index.html I get a different, more detailed error page, which also shows this wrong path.

10. Ray

Ray

There's a little bit more to this then meets the eye. I suggest you open a ticket to support about this issue. Try generating the ticket through your control panel.

11. Ok thank you , I will. Thanks for the prompt help !