Encoding problem and crystal reports error

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by bahaa1985, Oct 5, 2009.

1. hi

I built my website with VS 2005 and converted it to Visual developer 2008 express edition & converted my sql server 2005 database to sqlserver 2008 , then I uploaded my website to Winhost.com but i face some problems:

1- when i navigate to my website , this error occures:

Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

2- Does Winhost support arabic language? because arabic words appears as unknown symboles.

3-I try to add an user to users of the databse but an error message occures:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
    ------------------------------

Create failed for User 'DB_754_net_user'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)
    The login already has an account under a different user name. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15063)

my website address is www.fishabaka.com

i wish you help me.........

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

1. Unfortunately we do not support Crystal Reports on our shared hosting environment. You may want to consider using Report Viewer to generate your reports.

2. Fonts are handled by the coding and not the browser. Make sure you set your application to use the correct character settings. Char-set UTF-8 usually works with Arabic languages.

3. I'm afraid we only allow one db user per database.

3. thanx very much Ray

I'm apologizing for thanking lateness

but I've another question ....

I tried to add the user(db_754_mydatabase) to my database to be able to change collation of my database , but I failed .....

so ... how to change the collation of my database?

4. Ray

Ray

What do you mean you are trying to add 'db_754_mydatabase' to your database? Can you clarify what database you are referring to?

5. The Database name is Db_754_net , I try to add the user you've provided to me (Db_754_net_user) to the database to be able to change the collation .......

6. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  7. Hi Ray....

The database exists on your server and username (Db_754_net_user) exists but under a different name (dbo) .....

any way ...... I just want to konw how to change collation of the database .....

because when I tried to do that , an error message appears:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
    Alter failed for Database 'DB_754_net'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
    For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?Prod...ceptionText&EvtID=Alter+Database&LinkId=20476
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)
    The user does not have permission to perform this action. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 297)
    For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?Prod...531&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=297&LinkId=20476

8. Ray

Ray

What do you mean by (Db_754_net_user) exists but under a different name? Just what database are you referring to? Like I said before I can pull up your account base off 'Db_754_net_user' and this account does not have the database setup so you should not have a db user with 'Db_754_net'. If you have another database that is hosted on our server you will not be able to simply create your own user. That account will have a predefined naming convention and the last part of the name you will be able to set but you should not have a database that will start with 'Db_754'.

9. Hi mr Ray ...

Thank you for your interest ......

All thing is right , the database & login ....

I understand what you mean ,my databases's name is "Db_754" plus the name that I added "net" , I know that very well ......please look at the images.
    no problem with the database & the login

I just ask you how to change the collation of my database?

Attached Files:

10. Ray

Ray

Sorry about that I was looking at the wrong account. Now that I looked at your account your database is created.

I really can't tell what the image you sent me it was small and hard to read but I suspect what is happening is that you have not set the database to exlcusive mode before you issue the change collation command. Try running this command first againts your database.

Alter Database Db_754_net SET Single_user with rollback immediate

This will set the databse to exclusive mode. Then run the collation command again...

Alter Database Db_754_net Collate [collation_name]

Once that is done run the alter database command again to set it to multi user mode.

Alter Database Db_754_net SET Multi_user

Let me know how that works out.

11. junior

junior Winhost Staff

Can you post the command that you are using?

12. thanx ray ... the commands run well .....

I can change the collation now ......

but the problem is still existing ........

the problem is when an user writes arabic data , this data is converted to questions marks after the page is postback , and it is saved in the database as unknown symboles .....

I changed the collation to arabic_cs_ai,arabic_ci_as,
    sql_latin_general_cp1256_cs_ai but no change ....

so .... what is the perfect collation of arabic data???

Attached Files:

13. Ray

Ray

First you need to make sure you are storing the data in the correct data type on the SQL server. Make sure the data type is being saved as nvarchar. Second, what character set encoding do you have on your web site? You may want to try UTF-8 and see if that works. I think the best thing to do right now instead of completely rearranging your entire app and database is to setup a simple table, and impose those changes I suggested. Then setup a simple page and call on the test table and see if it displays the characters correctly. This way as you feel your way with the correct character set, it is much simpler to change around. Once you found the right combination you can go to your web application and impose the permenant changes there.

14. I found the problem where is .....

I replaced the property responseEncoding="windows-1256" within globalization tag within web.config file with responseEncoding="utf-8" .....

it works now very well .......

thank you

15. Ray

Ray

Glad to hear that.