Change maildomain.com to maildomain.org

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Tcheath, Jul 15, 2014.

1. I am trying to change email addresses from [email protected] to [email protected].

I have the 2 domains registerd: xyz.com is the site and xyz.org is the domain pointer.

How would I go about making this change? I am fairly new to this so please use layman's terms when responding.

Thanks

2. Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help.

I've set the Alias but that doesn't change the email address to .org when I am sending or replying to emails. My email still comes up as .com

Is there a way to change this or do I have to change domain.org to a site? If so, I've tried to do this but it keeps telling me that domain.org is already registered with Winhost, which it is.

I have domain.com and domain.org as domains hosted at Winhost but registered elsewhere. Domain.com is my site. But I can't seem to figure out how to switch the two.

Any further guidance is really appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  4. Send as or reply as are functions of your email program. So you may want to check the help documentation for whatever email program you use.

As for the error when setting up .org as a site, you may want to open a support ticket so we can look at your account and see what's going on.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015