ASPNETDB and machine.config

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Herna, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Why does my ASPNETDB database on the server keep on giving the following error (figure 1), after I have logged in, when in fact the machine.config at line 238 is as indicated in figure 2. Which machine.config does the ASPNETDB actually read? When I run the same application from my computer using the same database, it works perfectly.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
    Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.
    Source Error:

Line 236: <membership>
    Line 237: <providers>
    Line 238: <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""/>
    Line 239: </providers>
    Line 240: </membership>
    Source File: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config Line: 238

Figure 1

236 <system.web>
    237 <processModel autoConfig="true"/>
    238 <httpHandlers/>
    240 <membership>

Figure 2

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015