Wordpress Not Working

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Nightfly, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hello - I had an outside vendor update some files on my site, but they weren't supposed to touch the Wordpress/MySQL side of my site. Apparently they did touch it, however, and now my blog is down. Here is the error message that I'm getting:

Warning: require(E:\web\mysite\my_wp_directory/wp-includes/kses.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\web\mysite\my_wp_directory\wp-settings.php on line 125

I tried to login via phpMyAdmin and I can't even get in that way - I'm getting this error message with phpMyAdmin:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'me'

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. It looks like some files are missing from your WordPress directory. If the installation was up to date you should be able to upload a fresh install of WordPress and if the config file is still there and the theme files are still there, it should be back to normal.

That's a lot of "ifs," and it doesn't take any base file customizations into account. But for most typical WordPress installs, an upload of the WordPress files should replace anything that was incorrectly removed.

3. Thanks for the reply. Actually, all of my WP files are in place, but at this point it might be quicker to do a reinstall anyway. Is there a way for me to backup the MySQL db without phpMyAdmin working correctly in the meantime, before doing a complete WP install?

4. Last edited: Oct 14, 2015