Web deployment task failed with Individual User Accounts

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Jay Shaw, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to get Microsoft's Individual User Accounts Authentication to work on WinHost.

I used VS2019 to create two different Projects:
    1. Test1 - ASP.Net Core (v3.1) MVC with No Authentication
    2. Test3 - ASP.Net Core (v3.1) MVC with Individual User Accounts Authentication
    Test1 web deploys perfectly. No issues.

Test3 failed with following Visual Studio error:
    Error Web deployment task failed. (Make sure you have appropriate permissions on the server to publish IIS settings. Alternatively, exclude settings that require administrative permission on the server.
    Error details:Could not mark the folder as an application on the destination server. This can occur if the server administrator has not authorized this operation for the user credentials that you are using. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=178035
    Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_TO_APPHOSTCONFIG.) test3 0
    I understand that Test3 would require access to my SQL Server database so that it can create the dbo.AspNetUsers table, etc

So, I went to the WinHost SiteManager --> App Starting Points and noticed that Test3 didn't exist, so created Test3 as an Application Starting Point. Then I ran the web deploy again.

This time Visual Studio reports a Successful Deployment, however when I view the website, I get the following error:

HTTP Error 500.35 - ANCM Multiple In-Process Applications in same Process
    Common solutions to this issue:
    Select a different application pool to create another in-process application.
    Troubleshooting steps:
    • Check the system event log for error messages
    • Enable logging the application process' stdout messages
    • Attach a debugger to the application process and inspect
    Can some one help me understand what I'm doing wrong?

I feel like I'm missing some SQL Server database connection or something.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
    Jason

2. So, I found an error in my Database Connection String and fixing that makes the website run.

However, when I try to REGISTER a new user, the website fails with this error:

Error.
    An error occurred while processing your request.

Request ID: |51b1020a-4ddff164c9b884c7.
    Development Mode

Swapping to Development environment will display more detailed information about the error that occurred.

The Development environment shouldn't be enabled for deployed applications. It can result in displaying sensitive information from exceptions to end users. For local debugging, enable the Development environment by setting the ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT environment variable to Development and restarting the app.​

And when I check my SQL Server database, I see that the Individual User Accounts tables (such as, dbo.AspNetUsers) have not been created.

Does anyone know what I need to do to allow my website to create the User Accounts table?
    Is there a safe way to trouble shoot this?

Thanks, Jason

3. I switched from ASP.Ne CORE to Non-CORE and everything works fine. I will not be using CORE for the foreseeable future!

Elshadriel likes this.
  4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

"HTTP Error 500.35 - ANCM Multiple In-Process Applications in same Process"

This error can be resolved by changing the process model from "InProcess" to "OutOfProcess".

ComputerMan likes this.