Too many redirects - Cookie problem?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by Bobter, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Hi All,

Some of the users on my site are sporadically getting a "too many redirects" error, clearing out their cookies solves this problem but I don't want to have to get them to do that all the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions why this would be occuring, should I lower the expiry time of my cookies? (nned to check what they are set too)

Rgds

2. Ray

Ray

What is the exact error you are getting? It sounds like that you are loosing your sessions.

3. sorry about the extremely late response to your question but this problem just hasn't went away. It seems to recur when I upload new files to the server and people then try to access the site again.

Please any ideas would really be appreciated, my users are getting royally peed off.

4. Ray

Ray

Do you have a URL and instructions on how we can see this problem on our end?

5. Sure, do you have an email address I can send the info too? I'd rather not post it on the forum.

Its difficult to reproduce but i should be able to make it happen.

6. Ray

Ray

You can email me on this forum. Simply click on my forum name and you can send a private message to me.