Support Portal

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by mzagarri, Apr 16, 2013.

1. "Your account has been registered but not verified. Follow the instructions in the email that was sent to you. To send the email again, use the preferences page."

This is not generating an email.... I have a ticket in with technical support that has been an issue since yesterday morning and I cannot check the status because of this.

2. Hello?

Seriously, this is issue is affecting all of our clients. Our connection is not stable.

3. A simple problem without a solution?

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

I actually don't understand what the problem is now since you said your connection is not stable. Where/How are you getting this message?

5. As the OP states. I cannot currently use the ticketing/support system because I am not verified. I have recently taken over the IT position at my company so I changed the email address and info, which locks me out of the ticketing support system until I've verified my info.

Our connection into our SQL DB is not stable, which is the issue I posted with support, but cannot check.

6. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Thank you for the clarification. We're looking into the issue.

7. Any news?

8. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Which email address did you sign up with? Our mail administrator checked, and there weren't any problems with messages being sent out from [email protected]. Did you check your spam or trash folders?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  9. I have used 4 different emails including the original. It is not working.

Did I check the spam or trash folders?..........

Does Winhost outsource their support to India and read off of a script?

10. This is simply terrible. It has been 4 days, and nothing has been done. I need a number to call.

11. There is nothing to be done.

The support portal verification is working for everyone but you. Which leads us to believe that you're missing the verification emails somehow, and that isn't something we can troubleshoot.

You're aware that you can communicate with support via email, right? If you can't get your support portal login worked out, we'll be happy to help you outside of the portal, through regular email. Give it a try.

No. But we do outsource some support to the International Space Station, and those guys have to read off a script because no one up there at the moment speaks English. Sorry.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  12. Yes, the 5 emails I have tried multiple times all with different domains must be incorrect or maybe I have't checked my trash bin....

I will check to make sure my computer is... Yep its on. I got that.

Is this how all paying customers are treated with Winhost? "Oh, yah, there's something wrong on your end." Regardless, if you believe I am at fault or not. Can the support account be reset?

13. I believe so, yes. Not reset per se, but manually validated in some way.

We've passed the issue on to an admin for a second look so we can be sure there isn't a problem that we're just bypassing or ignoring by resetting the user.

We'll try to get it resolved for you as soon as possible.

14. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Hey mzagarri,

If you still can't get it to work you can always contact our support department through email if you have any other problems with your hosting account. [email protected]

15. Computer on, good! We can get through this together.

I manually authenticated your Support Portal login, and logged in successfully through your Control Panel to verify that it's working. Give it a try, let us know how it goes.

I was going to say, "It's 4:02 a.m. here in Mumbai, so I hope you appreciate that we stayed up late to help you out," but I can see you don't appreciate my wry humor. That's okay, most reasonable people don't.

16. It is working now.
    Thank you.

17. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

YAY Winhost Support Staff to the rescue!