Sql 2008 Reporting Services Yet?

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by ascharf, May 5, 2010.

1. Hi,

HGave you implemented SQL 2008 reporting services yet?

Thanks.

Alan

2. Ray

Ray

No. I'm afraid not.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

ssrs 2008

Ray,
    Any idea on when you expect to have SSRS 2008 available?
    Thanks.

4. Ray

Ray

Unfortunately we are just finishing up the project of offering and supporting .Net 4.0 along with offering an Ultimate plan and updating the control panel. I'll bring it up to our managers again. Have you considered using Report Viewer?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

The problem is that I have quite a few Input Parameters currently being handled by SSRS and for me to use ReportViewer I will have to re-write them and re-wire them. I might bit the bullet though.
    Thanks for the response.

6. Ssrs

I would also love to see SQL Server Reporting Services added. I have been extremely happy with Winhost, but this is the one thing that is not offered that I need. I know it might take some time, but I would really love to have this. I would appreciate Winhost considering adding this.

7. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Thanks for the input but this is not something we are looking to offer in the near future.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I to have been very happy with Winhost above and beyond my last hosting company. Reporting Services would be a feature that I would be really interested in as well. I know you said that this is something that you are not looking at doing in the near future.

9. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

That's right. SQL Reporting Services is not something we are working on for the near future. If people are interested in it, please let us know. At this time the demand is low.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Sql 2008 Reporting Services

I would be interested in using Sql 2008 Reporting Services and thought I'd message you to maybe get it bumped up the requirements list a bit...

Other than that, I couldn't be happier with the service - keep up the good work!

Cheers
    Phil

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, Please

Just adding to the poll... Would love SSRS!!

thanks

12. I am a new customer and I would also love to see SQL Server Reporting Services added.

13. Ray

Ray

Report Viewer is supported on Winhost but I understand most people would like Report Services, and specifically I would think SQL 2008 Reporting Services. Can you tell us what is it about Reporting Service that you are looking for that Report Viewer cannot do?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello Ray,

I know that for myself, a person who has never purchased a hosting plan and is now checking into it, I would like SSRS specifically because I am not so skilled at creating ASP.NET pages which have to use ReportViewer. In my day job, SSRS is all I do along with general SQL development. The four people on my team including myself are not application or web developers, and out of the four of us, I have the most training in this area but still never do it. Where I live i'm coming across lots of developers who ONLY develop reports and really nothing else. For this reason, I find that access to SQL Server BI tools in a hosting plan would really be desirable.

15. Ray

Ray

Not sure we can offer the SQL Server Business Intelligence Tool, but I'll make sure I let our management and product development team know that you are asking for SSRS.

16. amk2010

amk2010 Guest

well that would be nice if you provide SSRS as well :)

17. Ssrs

From another satisfied customer who would be super-satisfied if Winhost would add SSRS...please

18. Ray

Ray

Its up in the table for discussion. We want to make sure that our current services we offer is strong and stable. Also we have a lot of projects in the pipe line so the resource we have to actually make it to fruition is a little limited right now. But we are listening and hearing our customers/members request.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

SQL SSRS / SSIS / BI Tools

I'm a developer, consultant and business owner. I'm searching for the hosting service I will use to build my business and my clients' businesses. Winhost meets every criteria I have except for two:

SQL Server -- support for Reporting Services, Integration Services and Analysis Services (it is hard to build hosted applications for businesses without effective BI tools and reinventing the wheels that are already created by using ASP.NET and Report Viewer is not a viable, economically feasible answer).

Reseller's Control Panel -- your affiliate program is OK, but I would rather be a "reseller" where I purchase the hosting and then manage the billing relationships with my customers / clients. I can do this regardless of your control panel capabilities, but it would be awesome to have the ability to have a "master account" control panel where it is possible to manage linked / child accounts without having to logout of one and then login to the other.

At any rate since it appears that SSRS and SSIS are not options currently offered by Winhost then I will have to use more than one hosting service -- Winhost for some and a different host for applications / clients that require SQL Server's ETL, Reporting and BI tools.

Hope Winhost makes progress on this front. Another "nice to have" would be SharePoint 2010 hosting plans -- might as well since you already host DotNetNuke. :)

20. I get what you're saying there, but don't look for SharePoint at Winhost any time soon (or ever). SaaS is a whole different ballgame.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  21. Eduardo

Eduardo Guest

I also need SQL Reporting Services!!!

Dear Winhost Team!!!

I've own 2 sites at Winhost.com, and it could be great if you can enable SQL Server Reporting Services...

If you do that, i have 2 domains more to transfer to Winhost.

Thanks a lot!

22. SQL Server Reporting Services Add-On

Given that Winhost is ahead of the curve on deployments of most new software (i.e. SQL 2012 and Windows Server 2012), it would be wonderful to be able to support SQL Server Reporting Services as an add-on. Unfortunately, there are only a very few ASP.Net Hosting providers that supports this (one of them being Discount ASP.Net) and they are a complete and total rip-off compared to Winhost. I am sure that Winhost would be able to easily win over many of the Discount ASP.NET customers if not from other ASP.NET Hosting Vendors as well by offering SQL Server Reporting Services as an optional add-on service to their hosting plans.

23. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

i'm not sure i would agree about discount asp being a ripoff. i know they are more expensive than us and you point out they offer stuff that we don't. I would guess they can offer stuff we don't since customers are paying more.

Right now we don't offer sql reporting services, and its not something we are actively pursuing now - possibly in the future but that depends on the demand and our resources and our ability to support the service.

We do support the ReportViewer Control.