OpenCart install

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by Skrilla, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

You have several posts concerning this same issue. Lets stay on this thread so that we are not all over the place putting out duplicate responses.

Look at the error..

failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\web\progres3\estore\index.php on line 12

Go to the file index.php. Its under the folder estore. Carefully go to line 12 in index.php. Is it calling out another file? If it is make sure it exist where it suppose to be or adjust the path to find the file correctly.

3. the line it references is:
    require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'startup.php');

DIR_SYSTEM being:
    define('DIR_SYSTEM', 'progres3.w01.Winhost.com/estore/system/');

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Ray

Ray

Go to the folder estore and check if startup.php exist there. You may not have uploaded all the required files onto the server so I suggest you check your computer and make sure you uploaded all the required files on the server.

5. I have, but will delete and re-upload

re-installed and still getting the error.. could it have anything to do with me switching the doamin url with the alt url?
    www.progressclubhalifax.ca to progres3.w01.Winhost.com

6. Ray

Ray

I just went into your account and I visually checked the folder estore under your root. There is no file with the name startup.php.

You have files named .htaccess, config.php, index.php, and php.ini but no startup.php. I'm not sure what you are looking at but the error is straight forward and clear. It is looking for a file named startup.php under the folder estore in the Winhost server under your root and it is not there.

7. strange.. I am uploading with cuteftppro and it says its there.. if I navigate to the http://progres3.w01.Winhost.com/estore/system/ folder I see it right there

startup.php is inside the system folder

yes the error is straight forward and clear.. but makes no sense.. the file is there inside the system folder
    It is clear though, that the startup.php file is not being recognized.. all other files are loadable.. that one gives an error on line 56 which is just a ref to another file... which is there
    require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'engine/controller.php');
    Ill keep looking at thyat startup.php file to try and find the problem.

8. Ray

Ray

Try copying the filte startup.php and place it on the same location as the index.php

9. okay.. still nothing though.. it does not like that file for some reason.. still waiting for response from opencart to see if there are any known issues.

Use of undefined constant DIR_SYSTEM, maybe this is the prob?

10. Ray

Ray

Also try removing "DIR_SYSTEM . " from

require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'startup.php');

so it reads as

require_once('startup.php');

Make sure you backup the index.php file. You'll want to have a way to revert back to the old changes if anything goes wrong.

11. still not working... http://progres3.w01.Winhost.com/estore/index.php
    Problem seems to be with that file on line 56. DIR_SYSTEM
    Thankyou for all your thoughts though.. will continue to plug away at it :confused:

I just noticed this at the top of the page
    if (version_compare(phpversion(), '5.1.0', '<') == TRUE) {
    exit('PHP5.1+ Required');
    }

Could this be causing the problem?
    Seems to require PHP5.1 or higher.. what version is being used here?

12. Ray

Ray

Now the error is with startup.php. When you downloaded this product is there different versions for the platform you are using. Try checking that. Make sure if it is available that you download the Microsoft/Windows version.

I suspect that the code is setting some kind of variable path with "DIR_SYSTEM". With Apache/Linux this may work, but with Windows 2008/IIS 7 this has some kind of adverse effect. You can always go through the files and update the require_once method to have an absolute path to the files. Obviously this will take some code changing on your part.

13. lol iv done that.. maybe I missed some.. will look into installing fresh copy.. and then add my theme and just append the database

The copy that is on there now was simply downloaded from the linux server it was on and uploaded to my Winhost account.

is Winhost using PHP5?

14. Ray

Ray

PHP5 is a coding language and yes it is installed and supported on our Windows platform. But remember, even though we support and allow PHP does not mean that Windows will act the same as Apache. These are two different platforms and behave differently. As an example, Apache will allow each site to use its own PHP.ini file. In a Windows operating system there is only one php.ini file and that setting is set for all the websites on that Windows web server.

15. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  16. Ray

Ray

Odd, I wonder how the new fresh copy is different from the old copy. But glad to hear you got it working.