Moving to winhost

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Mike O'Ceirin, Jan 15, 2021.

1. I have two hosting services at the moment one has email a website and a WordPress blog. The other has a website and a SQL Server database. It is a VPS the reason being in my website I use charting and own the license for Nevron charting software. In order to license it I need to run an application on the Web server. I have looked and find you satisfy my requirements but I could not determine the following.

What version is the SQL Server 2019 express or standard?
    Can I establish three domains since I own three?
    Can I have more than one website?

I situation is that my existing provider will be closing down at the end of May this year.

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Neither. It's Web Edition.

Yes.

Yes. If you want to host more than 1 website under 1 plan, then read this Knowledge Base article. Otherwise, you can also purchase 3 separate plans.

That being said, I don't know if our hosting will meet your requirements since you need to use the Nevron charting software. If the software does not need to be installed on the server, then it will work. If it's an assembly you deploy to the /bin folder or is activated by some license key which does not require installation or Windows registration (i.e. added to Windows registry), then it will probably work.

3. That looks very hopeful, the Nevron software is not installed on the server but there is a licensing issue. Previously I executed the license manager executable on the host server being a VPS and that is the simplest. If not available I think I can embed the license information into my application. So is it possible to do it the easiest way?

I use SSMS to manage the database which is a reasonably simple one. There are a number of functions however. If it is the Web version will that look much different to me?

The email accounts on the server do not hold any mail but there is a number of accounts under two different domains. Is there an easy way to move them or do they have to be recreated?

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

If you can embed the license, then yes, it will work. We also offer a 30 day money back guarantee, so you can try it out. If it doesn't work, cancel within 30 days, and we'll refund your money.

No, it won't look any different.

Most likely, they have to be recreated. SmarterMail does have a mail migration feature you can try, but the options to migrate are usually for more well known mail systems like Gmail, Microsoft, etc.

5. Okay I'm in. First I will configure my existing website so that the licensing is not dependent on running the licensing program in the root of the hosting server. Soon as I have done that I will then sign up with Winhost most likely ultimate plan. I'm thinking for email a keyboard automating program will be the way to go.

6. MikeO

MikeO Guest

7. MikeO

MikeO Guest

I have subscribed and taken on the ultimate plan. As I said before I have three domains and I used one of them to join Winhost. Eventually I will want to have two websites and a WordPress blog. I have emails under two different domains. Does this mean I need three sites with commensurate charges?

8. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Since you want email for two of your domains, you will need to have at least 2 plans. You can host the 3rd by following the guidance here.