Images Upload

Discussion in 'Databases' started by commercialShenton, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Hi

I am at the kicking around the ideas stage of the design of the database for images.

I am using SQL Server.

I am likely to be uploading more images than anything else so thought it would make sense to store path only similar to what I may do in Access in SQL. However where do I store the images? I am assuming I need to upload them but where is best?

On a related concept how can I enable clients to upload images for quoting and the like?

Thanks

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Anywhere in your web space unless the images have sensitive data? If so, then place them in the /App_Data or /_database folder which are protected by IIS.

"On a related concept how can I enable clients to upload images for quoting and the like?"

Not sure what you're asking. If you're using a Content Management System, you probably have to adjust some setting. If you're writing your own program, you can accomplish it by creating a form (e.g. ASP.NET web form application), placing an upload control in the form, and then write code to handle what happens to the upload. If you want to use asp/php, you probably have to code it in conjunction with Javascript.