followed installation procedures but still get error

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by Joseph Bazalgette, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Joseph Bazalgette

Joseph Bazalgette King of the sewers...

I have installed wordpress three times as per instructions.

http://forum.Winhost.com/showthread.php?t=5198

BACKGROUND: I installed it about 2 months ago and everything went just fine. No problems. However the other night I deployed n updated website from visual studio and by mistake checked the box 'Delete all folders before copying files'....ouch!

Anyway, the website is up and running but wordpress is not. I tried to reinstall but I get a 'The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.' when I goto 'http://www.<my-domain>.com.au/news/wp-admin/install.php'

I have deleted the database and created a new one and tried reinstalling but same problem

I know it was my own fault but I would really appreciate any help you can give

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Well that really sinks. From looking at the forum post it looks like you may have tried to install it manually. Did you know that we have web application install tool that you can use to install WordPress on to our web servers?

To read more about the Application Installer tool please read our knowledge base article here: Application Installer

Try again to install Wordpress. But, this time install it with the application installer tool in the control panel.

WARNING: Make sure you install it in the directory that you want WordPress in because it will delete everything in the directory you select. So, if you select your root. It will delete your whole site again. I'm sure you don't want that to happen again. :)

I hope this information helps you out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Joseph Bazalgette

thanks for reply...yes it kinda sucks

I just tried reinstalling it and I got the screen attached saying it was successful

but I get the same error 'The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.'

Attached Files:

4. Joseph Bazalgette

it seems kinda strange that the 'sticky' on the forum for wordpress installation does not mention this? I (like (most others) simply read the step by step in the first post. Perhaps it would be time to update this is your recommended path is to use the AppInstaller? my opinion only :)

5. Joseph Bazalgette

ok. Sorted. needed to change the wp-config-sample.php to correct settings. Sorry about that. bit stupid of me

I have a backup of the old mysql database that I'd like to restore over the current one so that I can get my old posts back. I have installed MySQL Workbench but it says access is denies when i try and inport the sql I dumped last night.

I'll keep at it but if I am doing anything obvious wrong please let me know