Dynamic Compression with URL Rewrite (outbound rules)?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by MobyusMark, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Any advice on how to enable dynamic compression while also using outbound rules with URL rewrite?

When I enable it on my Winhost server, I get an error message indicating they won't work together. I've seen some workarounds documented on the web, but they seem to involve editing the server's register keys (or something like that.)

Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

What's the exact error you're getting?

3. I didn't capture it and I'd have to set it up to get it, but it was pretty clear. It literally said that Dynamic Compression is not compatible with using Outbound URL Rewrite rules. I searched the web and found a few discussions of how to work around (usually involving a setting in the server registry).

Here's a link that discusses the issue I'm having: http://forums.iis.net/t/1165899.aspx?URL+Rewrite+Outbound+Rules+w+Compression

At this point, I've disabled the outbound rewrite rules I had in the web.config. I had to reconfigure some things that broke, but it is workable at this point. Ideally, if you know a way to make this work, it would be better for me to have the outbound rules in place. Cheers.

4. Ray

Ray

The problem is that we are on a shared hosting environment. Which means we may not be able to do things that are normally done on a dedicated server or your own personal computer. Changing setting on the machine registry is a big ' No No ' on a shared hosting server; as it may fix one thing but break others. I'll check with our SA and see what they can come up with.

5. I thought that might be the case. Thanks for checking to see if there are any other options. I guess most don't use this combination.