Domain name change

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by stewman, Oct 28, 2018.

1. I change my domain name and now I can't pull up my old or new site. Do I need to do something else to make it work?

2. Okay, when I go to the new change domain site, it takes me to go Daddy. What happened to my old site?

3. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

I'm not sure what your domain is so I can't check. Did you switch the domain through your Winhost control panel? Did you update your domain's DNS? Even if you switch the domain in our hosting system, you still need to update the DNS with your domain registrar (I assume it's godaddy) to resolve the domain to us. You can contact our support department and they can look into what is going on.

4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Did you change your name servers for your new domain name to point to the name servers for winhost?

NS1.WINHOST.COM
    NS2.WINHOST.COM
    NS3.WINHOST.COM

Until than you can use the secondary URL for your site account through the control panel. Log into the control panel.

Click on Sites tab.

Click on the site account

Under Site Info you will see secondary URL

You can use that to visit your site on our system.

5. My domain was 4dlord.com and the expiration was 2020. I did a domain name change to avoice.com Now when I type avoice.com, it takes me to the Godaddy page to sign up. I am confused. Please help.

6. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

You need to update the name servers to point to:

NS1.WINHOST.COM
    NS2.WINHOST.COM
    NS3.WINHOST.COM

This needs to be done through GoDaddy since the domain name was purchased from there. Or change the domain name back to 4dlord.com if you don't own that domain name.