Wordpress "require" issues

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by stevestring, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Hello,

I have been spending the last few days trying to install wordpress on my domain - to little avail. I keep getting errors like below suggesting that iis is having problems with the "./" syntax within the php files. Am I missing something here? If my suspicions are correct, I'm surprised that anybody has been able to make this work. One additional piece of info - I'm also running ASP.NET MVC3 on that domain. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. I was able to get the main index file working by modifying a line in the index.php from:

require('./wp-blog-header.php');
    to
    require('wp-blog-header.php');

This allows me to load the main blog page, but any of the admin pages raise the same types of errors. (i.e. Warning: require_once(./somefile.php): failed to open stream) I could probably edit every single wordpress php file to change the ./ syntax but this would be a nightmare... especially when I need to update wordpress.

Thanks,
    Steve
    http://sweetsoundtrack.com

---------------------
    Warning: require_once(./admin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\web\sweetsou\wordpress\wp-admin\index.php on line 10 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required './admin.php' (include_path='.;C:\php-fastcgi\pear') in E:\web\sweetsou\wordpress\wp-admin\index.php on line 10

2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

The error is referring to the "." The period right before the "/admin.php" on line 10. In the /wp-admin/index.php file.

Try opening the file "index.php" located in the directory /wp-admin/

Download the file with an FTP program. Something like FileZilla. You may download FileZilla here: http://filezilla-project.org/

Then read our knowledge base article on Configuring FileZilla to access your web site

Once in your site with FTP. Navigate to your wordpress directory. Go into the wp-admin directory. Look for the "index.php" file.

The download the file to your local level (Your computer). Open the file with a text editor. (Note Pad) will do the trick.

Go down 10 lines. And look for the "(./admin.php)" and remove the "." Period.

Then save the file and ReUpload the index.php file back to your /wp-admin/ directory.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Hmm.. hi guys!

I'm having the same issue with "require_once('./XXX.php);". Removing the "." symbol helps, but it's very funny experience to fix that issue in all wordpress files.

Is there any other way to get wordpress worked or the only way is to fix ".' symbols on my own?

4. ComputerMan, thanks for the tip. It does work.

Would you recommend to fix all the wordpress files? (I wonder how many times I have to download/edit/upload particular files to make "." change :)