WebDeploy - Strange issue

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by exlnt, Jan 20, 2017.

1. I just signed up with WINHOST this past week.

I was able to quickly deploy my ASP.Net MVC5 application using VS2013 WebDeploy. Everything worked perfectly. My app uses EF6 and the DB was created perfectly with all migrations applied.

When I launch the app and login to the application I have a bootstrap session timeout plugin. This plugin pops up a modal message to the user and then logs them out within 30 seconds.

The current version of my code that is checked into source control and on my desktop has this session timeout at 15 mins. However the version that is running on the WINHOST site has session timeout at 1 minute. This is code that I was testing about 2 months ago. It is NOT part of my current code base.

Even today when I run the app locally on my desktop, the session timeout occurs after 15 minutes.

I have completely deleted the DB and virtual directory on the hosted site. I have deployed again using WebDeploy and FTP. No matter what I do, I keep getting the session warning at 1 minute on the hosted version of my application.

Just before I wrote this message, I deleted everything on the hosted site. Created new virtual directory and deployed the latest code and still the 1 minute session timeout is happening.

Has anyone run into something like this before and have any idea what could be causing this issue?

Thanks!

2. Update - I just downloaded the published content/site from the hosted folder and put it onto my local IIS and ran the application. It works perfectly, my session timeout does not appear after 1 minute. This is simply amazing!! How is this happening!!:):(:)

3. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Hi. If your site is exlnt-software.com, then I checked the Event logs for you but couldn't find anything in them to explain what's happening.