Security Exception accessing configuration file

Discussion in 'Databases' started by jonno, Jan 2, 2010.

1. I am using Microsoft applciation blocks to acess the database i have setup on Winhost. I can run the application on my own server accessing the Winhost SQl database, however when I try and run the application while hosted on Winhost I get the login page correctly but when the code tries to access the configuration file to get the connection string I get an error:

Server Error in '/factsui' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Exception
    Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission, System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission, System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed.]
    System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
    System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +58
    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.CheckPermissionAllowed(String configKey, Boolean requirePermission, Boolean isTrustedWithoutAptca) +99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4049

Can you she dsome light on this error?

Thanks
    Jonno

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray