Qustions on your webhosting

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by sschneider, Nov 14, 2010.

1. First question: What do you provide for support? I'm not sure I like the idea of a community place, is there a place for custmers to have private support so I can do to my customer support area and see only my tickets? Or even a chat?

Question 2: Is Sql2008 and Reporting Services? availble. Will my database be available for me to backup and download to my local sql server?

I notice you offer 2 months free, if I cancel within the first two months because you don't offer what I need, does that mean I pay nothing?

I already have a domain name, is there a charge for transfering it over to your site? Will I be able to test your site before transfering my domain name over?

Thank you for your help.

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

We offer support through our helpdesk. We have information on support on our website - http://Winhost.com/Winhost-support.aspx

SQL 2008 is included with our hosting plans. We do not support SQL Reporting Services.
    We provide a SQL backup tool.

The two months free is available to customers paying for the entire year. We have a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you cancel within 30 days, then you get a refund.

There is no charge for using a domain that you already own. We provide a secondary ftp and secondary url so you can test your site before pointing the domain over to us.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Awesome! Thank you very much for your quick response.

4. Just to be clear; you cannot transfer the domain name to us, we are not a registrar, and we can't accept incoming transfers.

In order to use Winhost you would go to your current domain registrar and change the name servers for the domain to point to us.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015